Mr. Maithripala Sirisena was sworn in as the President of Sri Lanka on January 9, 2015. He campaigned on a 100-day program for major constitutional reforms including a promise to change the method of electing representatives to Parliament and other bodies. Following are the key documents you would need to understand the proposed changes.
- 2007 PSC Proposal or Report of Parliamentary Select Committee ( on Electoral Reforms, 2007 or Dinesh Gunawardena Committee Report (DGCR_Sinhala, DGCR_Tamil, DGCR_English)
- Local Authorities Elections (Amendment) Act, No. 22 of 2012
- Gamage, Sujata and Samarajiva Rohan (2015). Implementing electoral reforms. Report as of March 17, 2015. (PDF, Annex1, Annex2, Excel)
- Gamage, sujata (2015). An alternative to the 2007 PSC proposal
- Gamage, Sujata (2015). Choices in electoral reforms